How do we handle the holidays as traveling consultants??
Posted on November 15, 2011
Leave a Comment
This time a year seems to be a juggling game. There is so much I want to do…decorate, cook, shop, but no time to do it. Being on the road adds a challenge to getting ready for the holidays that our friends and family just don’t get. I thought over the next couple weeks I would do a series of articles on how to tackle those things we “have” to do and those things we “want” to do for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.
Let’s start this limited series of holiday exploration with my list of 12 HAVE to do’s and LIKE to do’s…
- Get gifts – Who do I really need to buy for?
- Decorate – Do I really HAVE to?
- Christmas Cards – A tradition that I really enjoy
- Host Thanksgiving – our duty since we go to my parents for Christmas
- Travel – Flights for work, drive for holidays, and work out from where and when
- Bring in 2012 – I could just sleep…can’t I?
- Take everything down – How did all this crap get up in the first place?
There are a lot of things I would “LIKE” to do as well:
- Cook Apple pie – My years contribution for Thanksgiving
- Black Friday – It would be so much fun to get up at 4am for the big sales
- Bake Christmas Cookies – I love frosting cut out cookies
- Volunteer – I used to do this every year at the hospital …when now??
- See The Nut Cracker – Another yearly tradition that seems to be harder to do
Some of my friends think I’m just plan crazy…they don’t do this, and they don’t even travel. Well, if you are like me and enjoy the holidays, then you can understand the struggle. One thing I’ll never do…travel or not…is be a Scrooge!