I can’t believe I’ve waited this long to write something about my companies home town. Over the last couple of years I’ve had the pleasure of visiting Indianapolis on a monthly basis. Every visit I discover something new. I thought I should share my top 10 reasons why I love this city. Would I move here? Probably not, I need to be on the ocean. But I certainly enjoy visiting as often as possible.
1) My company is located just outside in Westfield, IN. Great location and easy to get to.
2) Convenient, direct flight options. Voted one of the best airports last year for overall passenger satisfaction.
2) Huge selection of hotels from the Omni (my usual), JW, Marriott, Courtyard, and many more.
3) Traffic is never that heavy. Even driving from the airport during rush hour, there never seems to be much traffic.
4) So many fantastic places to eat. St. Elmo’s (awesome steak), Harry and Izzy’s, Weber Grill, and dozens more all an easy walk in downtown.
5) Downtown is such a pleasure to walk around after the Superbowl being held here. They created nice walkways all around the stadium and convention center. This is a great walking city.
6) Easy drive to Chicago and Cincinnati, two cities I frequently visit.
7) Drive down Meridian during Christmas time. Huge fabulous mansions up this entire street that go all out with Christmas decorations. Beautiful street any time of the year.
8) Great night life. I love the Slippery Noodle, but they have night clubs everywhere. Howl at the Moon is a great duel piano bar. Fun city at night.
9) Huge sports city. Ok, I’ll admit…I can’t stand the Colts. But you have to admire a city as proud of their team as Boston is for theirs. I love having awesome sport discussions and fights during football season at the cigar bar in the Omni. I always win!
10) The architecture. If you’ve never been here be sure to check out the many historical unique buildings. Go to the old train station near the stadium, now a Crowne Plaza. You can sleep in old converted train booths.